Bigdeal collects Customers’ personal information in order to provide and continually improve Bigdeal’s products and services. Here are the types of personal information Bigdeal collects:
- Bigdeal receives and stores any information Customers provide in relation to Bigdeal Services. Customers can choose not to provide certain information, but then Customers might not be able to take advantage of many of Bigdeal Services.
- Bigdeal automatically collects and stores certain types of information about Customers’ use of Bigdeal Services, including information about Customers’ interaction with content and services available through Bigdeal Services. Like many websites, Bigdeal may use " cookies " and other unique identifiers, and Bigdeal may obtain certain types of information when Customers’ web browser or device accesses Bigdeal Services and other content served by or on behalf of Bigdeal on other websites.
- Bigdeal might receive information about Customers from other sources such as updated delivery and address information from Bigdeal’s carriers, which Bigdeal may use to correct Bigdeal’s records and deliver Customers’ next purchase more easily.
Bigdeal may use Customers’ personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that Bigdeal offers the customers. These purposes include:
- Bigdeal uses Customers’ personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with Customers about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Bigdeal uses Customers’ personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Bigdeal Services.
- Bigdeal use Customers’ personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to Customers, identify Customers’ preferences, and personalize Customers’ experience with Bigdeal Services.
- In certain cases, Bigdeal collects and uses Customers’ personal information to comply with laws and regulations. For instance, Bigdeal collects from customers and sellers’ information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Bigdeal uses Customers’ personal information to communicate with Customers in relation to Bigdeal Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- Bigdeal uses Customers’ personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to Customers. Bigdeal does not use information that personally identifies Customers to display interest-based ads.
- Bigdeal uses personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of Bigdeal’s customers, Bigdeal, and others. Bigdeal may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Bigdeal makes available to Customers services, products, applications, or skills provided by third-parties for use on or through Bigdeal Services. Bigdeal may also offer services or sell product lines jointly with third-party businesses. Customers can tell when a third-party is involved in Customers’ transactions, and Bigdeal shares customers' personal information related to those transactions with that third-party.
- Bigdeal employs other companies and individuals to perform functions on Bigdeal’s behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Bigdeal releases account and other personal information when Bigdeal believes release is appropriate to comply with the laws and regulations or protect the rights, property, or safety of Bigdeal, Bigdeal’s users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, Customers will receive notice when personal information about Customers might be shared with third parties, and Customers will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Bigdeal always designs its systems and apps with Customers’ security and privacy in mind.
- Bigdeal works to protect the security of Customers’ personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- Bigdeal’s payment gateways follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- Bigdeal maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Bigdeal’s security procedures mean that Bigdeal may ask to verify Customers’ identity before Bigdeal discloses personal information to Customers.
- It is important for Customers to protect against unauthorized access to Customers’ password and to Customers’ computers, devices, and applications by not sharing passwords with others.
While advertising, Bigdeal takes into consideration the below:
- Bigdeal Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and applications. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about Customers when Customers interact with their content, advertising, and services.
- Bigdeal provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve Customers with more useful and relevant Bigdeal ads and to measure their effectiveness. Bigdeal never shares Customers’ name or other information that directly identifies Customers when Bigdeal does this. Instead, Bigdeal may use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier.
Customers can access Customers’ information, including Customers’ name, address, profile information, and purchase history in the "Profile" section of the website and mobile apps.
If Customers have any questions as to how Bigdeal collects and uses Customers’ personal information, please contact Bigdeal’s Customer Service. Many of the Bigdeal Services also include settings that provide Customers with options as to how Customers’ information is being used.
- As described above, Customers can choose not to provide certain information, but then Customers might not be able to take advantage of many of the Bigdeal Services.
- Customers can add or update certain information on Bigdeal’s website and mobile apps.
- If Customers do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please contact our Customer Service. If Customers don't want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust Customers’ notification settings in the device.
- If Customers do not want to see interest-based ads, please contact our Customer Service.
- The Help feature on most browsers and devices will tell Customers how to prevent Customers’ browser or device from accepting new cookies or other identifiers, how to have the browser notify Customers when Customers receive a new cookie, or how to block cookies altogether.
- If Customers want to browse our websites without linking the browsing history to Customers’ account, Customers may do so by logging out of Customers’ account and blocking cookies on Customers’ browser.
- Customers will also be able to opt out of certain other types of data usage by updating Customers’ settings on the applicable Bigdeal website, or mobile apps.
- If Customers are a seller, Customers can add or update certain information, update Customers’ account information, and adjust Customers’ e-mail or other communications Customers receive from us by contacting Customers’ account manager.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law and regulations, Customers may have the right to request access to or delete Customers’ personal information. If Customers wish to do any of these things, please contact our Customer Service. Depending on Customers’ data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Bigdeal does not sell products for purchase by children who are under 18 years old. Bigdeal sells children's products for purchase by adults. If Customers are under 18 years old, Customers may use Bigdeal Services only with the involvement of a adult guardian, or any parent.
If Customers choose to use Bigdeal Services, Customers’ use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the United Arab Emirates. If Customers have any concern about privacy at Bigdeal, please contact Bigdeal’s Customer Service, and Bigdeal will try to resolve it as soon as possible.